What's your 80?

E.D.BusinessShoot-227.jpg

Recently I was sitting in a Power Yoga class and as I was gearing my not-so-flexible body up for an intensely stretchy lesson, and I hear the instructor voice saying "Get ready to give 80% today." It was 6 in the morning, but still, I was pretty sure the sleep in my eyes and the morning fog must have clouded my hearing. Give 80% ? What happened to giving 110% in everything you do?

As the instructor went through the very-well planned Power Yoga class, she mentioned that giving 100% all of the time robs you of the experience of right now. It got me thinking about our lives as moms. 

E.D.BusinessShoot-213.jpg

As a mom of 3, I always feel like we are pushing. We are pushing to get out of bed, get dressed, get organized, get out the door, get to the next thing, get home, get this, get that. We are constantly focusing on what is coming up next, how we are going to tackle any issues that arise with what is next and then pushing through. But what if we slowed down our minds and were actually present in that moment?

Thinking about working at an 80% level actually allows your to absorb what you are doing. It takes more focus to slow your body down and concentrate on not pushing so hard. Our bodies and minds have been trained to be operating at a level of maximum challenge, speed and effort. What if we still accomplished our tasks at a high level of effort, but didn't do it at 100%? The answer is this: we will be able to take on more tasks easily and prevent from complete depletion.

What a concept.

Think about that for a moment. If you were doing your tasks well and not pushing to the point of complete maximum effort, you would be able have the freedom of more energy and time. Mentally, it will be a challenge to slow your brain and not push so hard, but once we get into the flow, I think it will be an amazing exercise in strength.

I am going to challenge myself this week to work at an 80% effort level and use the other 20% to truly appreciate what is around me and the moment I am there to experience.  What does your 80% look like? 

p.s. Don't worry what your neighbor or facebook buddy's 80% looks like. Yours is unique to you. Good Luck!


 
 I'M ELEANOR DUELLEY. I'M A STAY AT HOME MOM OF 3, WINE DRINKER, GYM RAT AND HEALTH COACH. I INSPIRE AND ENCOURAGE MOMS TO LIVE THEIR BEST LIVES THROUGH BETTERING HEALTH PRACTICES. VISIT MY WEBSITE:  BESIMPLEHEALTHYWELL.COM  AND JOIN MY FACEBOOK COMMUNITY FOR FUN WAYS TO INTERACT WITH OTHER FUN MOMS!  HEALTHY MOMS LOVE WINE TOO

I'M ELEANOR DUELLEY. I'M A STAY AT HOME MOM OF 3, WINE DRINKER, GYM RAT AND HEALTH COACH. I INSPIRE AND ENCOURAGE MOMS TO LIVE THEIR BEST LIVES THROUGH BETTERING HEALTH PRACTICES. VISIT MY WEBSITE: BESIMPLEHEALTHYWELL.COM AND JOIN MY FACEBOOK COMMUNITY FOR FUN WAYS TO INTERACT WITH OTHER FUN MOMS! HEALTHY MOMS LOVE WINE TOO