Oh my goodness. What a whirlwind the passed 2 weeks have been for me and my family. I have not got the chance to blog, just trying to keep my head from spinning. Finishing up the summer in style and spending every last second we can as a family before my husband has to leave again. That being said, here are some of the highlights of the last few weeks:
- Day trip and family bike ride to Ojai. - it was approx 1,252 degrees there.
- I went to a live taping of Bachelor in Paradise- After Paradise. totally cool.
- Family road trip to Las Vegas. With kids. With In-laws. lots of traffic and pee stops.
- Ate the most incredible breakfast i have ever dreamed of, split it with my 6 year old.
- Had a world famous bloody mary, cucumber margarita and drooled over cupcakes the size of my head.
- Found a stiletto that was so large my daughter could sit in it, thank you COSMO of Vegas
- Discovered my children weight 184 lbs.
- Went wine tasting in Santa Barbara and found a new favorite**
- Taught 8 fitness classes in 5 days.
- Started my 3rd fitness bootcamp at the YMCA.
- Watched my boys learn how to high kick (so awesome!)
It was a whirlwind, but through it all, i managed to not stress about food, enjoy my choices, stay active and get good sleep. I managed to stay active and even when i wasn't teaching, i would run or take long walks (and/or carrying a 40 lb wiggly sack of potatoes on my back or shoulders). i realized that even with a crazy schedule and unplanned gas station/ fast food stops, I was able to maintain balance. I did eat some things that upset my stomach, but that is just how it goes. I am not regretting my decisions, just accepting the consequences. This is a totally new feeling for me.
I am also starting fresh with this school year for my kids, and setting some new and fairly difficult goals that I plan to make large strides towards.
Have a great weekend. Enjoy the crazy collage that is my life.