Just a quick note, wanted to wish you a happy, healthy weekend! Remember you can control
the choices that you make! You an always bring something along to the BBQ or eat ahead of time so that you aren't very hungry. Make good choices! Not regretted ones.
Here is a treat that I borrowed from: (http://pinchofyum.com/paleo-strawberry-rhubarb-crisp)
My husband's favorite!! Except instead of all that horrible sugar, natural honey is used as a sweetener to combat that tart Rhubarb. Try it out this weekend!
strawberry rhubarb crisp - and it's paleo.serves: 8
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- zest from one orange (or lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons honey
- a pinch of salt
- 1½ Tablespoons arrowroot powder*
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cups almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the strawberries and rhubarb in a large mixing bowl with the orange zest, lemon juice, honey, salt, and arrowroot powder and mix well.
- Mix the pecans, flours, cinnamon, salt and honey together in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in the coconut oil with your hands or a pastry cutter until the mixture begins to form crumbs.
- Grease an oven proof casserole or skillet and spoon in the fruit filling. Crumble the topping evenly over the top. Bake for 25 minutes, checking occasionally. When the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbling, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.