1. Get cleaned up. Clean up your room and yourself. Take a long shower and start fresh. Pick up those clothes from a few nights ago, throw them in the washer. Wash your sheets if you really want to "go crazy". Pick up the areas where you spend most of your time, if you are clean and can relax in a clean environment, you are more likely to stay with it.
2. Drink a gallon of water. I admit, I don't do this everyday, even though I try. Your body can naturally detox itself while you are sleeping, but flushing your system of unwanted toxins and replenishing your organs (including skin), will not only make you feel better, it will make you look better. (Even if you will have frequent trips to the bathroom.)
3. Exercise. This can be a hard-core sweat session or it can be a long walk in the sunshine and fresh air. It's Sunday here, so in the Duelley house, we try to get out and either do a family bike ride, hike or trip to the park or pool. I might not get a full blown work out in- but i will be active and prepare myself for the healthy week ahead.
4. Plan your meals for the day and then the week. Start your day with something healthy and clean. If you start your day fresh, you are more likely to stay with it throughout the day. If you get your week off on the right foot, you will stay on track since the hard part (thinking) will already be planned. Go grocery shopping, do some food prep and get organized. I love doing this on Sunday afternoons!
5. Rest! HA. i know that is a laughable word for us (or so you think it is). But, your body needs 8 hours of sleep. Yes, I wrote it, I said it, and I mean it. You are a grown adult that requires rest and repair. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. You are the only one that is going to do it. Make yourself a priority. You cannot take care of others effectively if you aren't taking care of yourself.
Hopefully you will enjoy your Sunday, and for all the father's out there, happy father's day. You deserve a great day with your family celebrating.
Let's get back on track and start out this week in a good place.